New pattern and print

Our new pattern print is underway and at the printers as we speak. Inspired by fabric textures, threads sticks and weaving. As I walk around I am always looking out for patterns or textures that can be translated onto screens. I have a lot of time outdoors as a mother of two young boys, so I always am taking photos of things that catch my eye. Quite often they ask why and I must look pretty odd at times but I like to collect a catalogue of inspiration. The hawthorn bush thatched fence is a little like the new print. It almost has a Japanese aesthetic. I am looking forward to rolling up my sleeves and getting stuck into the screenprinting again. Its a shift in focus for Anamiro and I've spent a lot of time thinking of what direction to head and decided I want to do more printmaking on textiles.


Comments

Popular Posts