Work process - behind the scenes






 
After taking the images I never know what exatly will work out well and it takes weeks of collecting images to find the right set. Then I work on them in photoshop to make sure they are bold and high contrast to make it work well for printing. Once I am ready with the final image I print it out on my laser printer to see them at full size and get an idea of the collection. I can't get screens made for all my images so I have to edit down to the final set giving a balance to different styles, mixing up original patterns and botanical images. The patterns were made using hand cut collage and then scanned in to the computer to make repeat patterns. The hand cut element means I have the irregularity which is much more appealing to me. I have enough new screens now that I am in the printing and experimenting phase before putting the textiles out to market.

Comments

Popular Posts